How to apply Eye Cream properly!
Have no idea how to apply eye cream > Check out this easy guide how to! I have also done a video demo on this which you can check out here and I've attached the bottom of this page;
1. Ring fingers! These are the perfect fingers to use around the eyes as they will release less pressure when applying. The skin around our eyes is so much thinner than the rest of our face so we have to be so careful with how we handle it
2. More wrinkles does not mean more product! Only use a pea sized amount of product for both eyes as eye creams are highly concentrated and you don't need a lot of product for them to work.
3. Apply the eye cream on the orbital bone around the eye- the is the circle bone around the eye (see picture attached) Don't go closer to the eye as the heat will draw it up close anyway
4. Gently tap the product into the skin around that bone, the tapping motion will create a stimulation/circulation of the blood flow. The heat in the finger tips will also help to press the product into the skin
5. I would use this after cleansing and before moisturiser.
6. If you are struggling to work out what products to use you can base this on your skintype and what ares you want to focus on. Have a look at the ingredients in the bottle first but here are a few guidelines to help;
Antioxidants (Vitamin C) - is always a good one!
Retinoids - for cell turnover
Peptides - for thin to boost collagen and elastin
Hyaluronic acid and shea butter - for moisturisation
Arnica, Caffeine and Vitamin K - for circulation and reduce any inflammation
Some of my favourites below; (don't forget you can save some pennies (20% off) with my code; LFTFMELISSAO;
Peter Thomas Retinol (Remember a tip with retinol- if you haven't used before build this up gradually (twice a week and then slowly you can get to once a night depending on your skins sensitivity) - only use retinol at night and use a SPF in the daytime